Carlsbad Caverns

The campground we are at is beautiful.  There are gravel paths everywhere with grass next to each site.  Jack rabbits and road runners come out to play. 
Today we went to Carlsbad Caverns and as Kade keeps telling me its from a Simpson's episode, we also went to the Living Desert Zoo and Gardens.  The caverns were amazing, full of stalactites and stalagmites.  The Living Zoo gave a representation of the south west desert, with cacti and trees, and the animals are all rescued animals that were injured or abandoned.  I drove today, for around 15 minutes back to the campgrounds, and I am now I am getting used to it and will be able to help Kade with the driving stints now. 
We had ribs and potato salad for dinner, back at the camp grounds.  We are now just watching TV, and I am about to fall asleep. 
We head to Roswell tomorrow, to see the UFO museum and hopefully an alien or two :)  After that we head though Texas to New Orleans, for 4 nights over Easter.  We arrive on the 2nd and leave on the 6th.  On the way through we will probably just stay at gas stations, as we are just heading through.  Therefore we will most likely not have the internet or be able to post on the blog until Friday over here, when we arrive in New Orleans.

Anyhow, I will sign off now, and head to bed. A big few days are coming up.


 

Read Users' Comments (1)comments

1 Response to "Carlsbad Caverns"

  1. Alison, on April 4, 2010 at 6:26 AM said:

    What Simpson's episode are you talking about? I know, I know - I call myself a fan...